The 36 Questions To Fall In Luuuv
By Lily Strailey
These 36 questions will absolutely change your life. Psychologist Arthur Aron and his team created THE ultimate list of questions to fall in love, love, love! His study investigates if the questions can speed up the process of falling in LUV and being intimate and vulnerable. The questions are organized into 3 sets, each more serious than the next. You and your partner/friend/anonymous man on the train next to you take turns answering and asking the questions. The author of the study has said, “One key pattern associated with the development of a close relationship among peers is sustained, escalating, reciprocal, personal self-disclosure.” These questions make the process of being personal easy and FAST ! The authors of the study also suggest staring into each other’s eyes for 2 to 4 minutes after answering the questions to truly create an air of vulnerability and LUUUUV.
Below is the list of questions. I urge you to do this activity with your friends/family/luver- I promise you won’t regret it! My friends and I asked each other these questions one night and I could not stop crying because I was so incredibly happy.
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling ... “
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share ... “
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
NOW STARE INTO EACH OTHER’S EYES!! AND GET READY FOR LUV LUV LUV!!
PSA: THIS IDEA IS FROM TWO ARTICLES FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES, LINKED HERE: