Featured Freshman Spotlight: Maria Wang
By Lily Strailey and
Interview by Lily Strailey
1. What messages do you hope are conveyed through your art?
I like to do portraits. Even when I am just drawing a person, I enjoy capturing more than just representation of the person in my art.
2. Favorite piece you have ever made and why?
I think the portrait of the senior man is my favorite because I like how he is gazing at the viewer.
3. Why do you think art is so relevant in high school?
I like that I can just sit down and draw, with no deadlines. It’s not stressful. You don’t have to write essays in your art unless you want to :-).
4. Favorite media to work in and why.
Graphite, because I have had way more experience in it than any other style… painting… watercolors. I enjoy painting, but I haven't had as much experience with it.
5. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be and why?
Too many! Too many favorite books. I’ve read so many books that I just love.
This isn't a movie; it’s a TV series- Sherlock on BBC.
Honestly, I like eating anything that isn't a vegetable.
4. Pizza Topping?
I like eating pizza with vegetables on it, specifically with tomatoes, although they're technically a fruit.
6. Harriton memory?
I don't have one yet!