Featured Artist: Dan Biedermann
1. How is the artwork you make meaningful to you?
All of the artwork I create is meaningful to me because it expresses what I’m saying without using words and allows viewers to relate to the meaning of the piece.
2. What do you want your viewers to see when they look at your artwork?
I want viewers to see whatever I see, but I also want them to see it in different ways so that everyone can experience every point of view.
3. What piece of artwork was your favorite to make, and why?
My favorite piece I have ever made would have to be the one I am currently working on right now. I am in the process of finishing a black, white, and gray portrait painting of A$AP Rocky. I also have a lot of smaller drawings I really enjoy.
4. Who are some of the major influences of your artwork?
Some of the influences in my life are Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Keith Haring was an American artist whose graffiti-like work was popular in 1980s New York. Jean-Michel Basquiat was a part of a graffiti duo in 1980s New York.
5. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Some of my favorite hobbies are skateboarding, playing basketball, and spending time with friends. I enjoy listening to music mostly.
6. Do you have a favorite music artist or music genre that is important in your life?
I truly love all music genres. Having parents that are musicians greatly influenced my knowledge around it too. My top genres as of now are probably hip hop, alternative and indie rock. My top artists are Cage the Elephant, 21 Savage, and Kendrick Lamar.
7. What’s your favorite season and why?
My favorite season is summer because it is warm and all of the colors are brightly showing.
8. Who are some of your role models that help influence your future as an artist?
My parents, my past art teachers, and my friends. Every person I come into contact really influences the way I make art because I believe that everything is art so even when I may not be putting pencil to paper or brush to canvas, I am always thinking of new ways to create and innovate in the artistic field.
9. Favorite Color?
My favorite color is blue. It always has been my favorite color ever since I can remember.
10. One thing you love to do…
One thing I love to do is play basketball. It is a great feeling whenever I put the ball in the net or whenever I break someone’s ankles. I love to watch basketball on TV. Trust the Process.
11. Being an artist is special because…
I can use all of my creativity and passion of doing what I love to entertain others and improve my abilities.
12. What do you plan on doing in the future as an aspiring artist?
I plan on going off to college to major in Art, and hopefully, pursue the skills I have learned to be successful and become an artist.